Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting Prepared

Something that has been on my mind a lot lately.  Craig has been bugging me to figure this all out and make a plan to get our years supply.  When it comes right down to it I get overwhelmed and I don't do it.  So I liked this video because it made it sound a little easier when the sister said that she just uses what the church provides.  I think that is a good place to start.  One of my problems is where to put it so I thought I would get risers for all of our beds and start storing it there.  Maybe each room should have one years supply for one person..... Start cleaning out closest to make room for boxes.  Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.  Time to get organized!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Mom- check out this site http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/
I found some useful tools and tips to help us get started. I didn't buy any of their books or products though. There still is a lot of info. Also, make a trip to Utah...there are so many good places up here for long term storage. So ya, mother's day weekend? Okay it's a plan. :o)

Moore Family said...

good plan Mindy..... I'll just hop in the car and come up for mother's day.... like dad would let me do that!!!

Anna White said...

tell me when you've got your supply ready and then I'll head over to your house when the disasters come. :)