Monday, October 27, 2008
Yes on Prop 8
Nine days and counting and the supporters of traditional marriage are out in force letting our voices be heard/seen. Today is the first day of sign holding. This is definitely out of my comfort zone but it wasn't all that bad. Quoting Craig, "I only had one finger and two thumbs" so I guess that isn't too bad. There seemed to be a lot of support for the "yeses" with all the horn honking that we heard so that was encouraging. It is always a little hard to have someone giving you the finger but I guess that is just to be expected. All in all, I think it went well. Now that people know that we will be doing this we won't be surprised to find some No supporters coming to our intersections. We'll see!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You were right! The NO on 8 people showed up this afternoon when Danny & crew were out. I am glad you took pictures. This is definitely a historic time!
I'm a bit worried about Proposition 8. Have you seen this?
The wording is ONE Man and ONE woman so NO I am not worried.
Wow Kim! I admire you for standing out there holding your signs. We've been watching and reading about the aftermath of Prop. 8 on the news and in the paper. I'm scared because I'm sure it'll be up for a vote in Washington as soon as possible. I hope I can be as brave as you when the time comes!
Post a Comment