Monday, August 25, 2008

My Girls

When I went to Utah for a little family reunion I got a good surprise. I wasn't expecting to see Ashley until Christmas but she surprised us in Utah and Mindy was the only one who knew that she was coming. My family was all together at my brothers house in Spingville and they showed up. I really was surprised. So we got to spend the week together just hanging out. We spent a day at Jordanelle reservoir.

It is hard to see but Jami is pointing to a small island out in the middle of the lake. When we got there Jami was obsessed with swimming out to that island. I told her that she could only go if she used the raft so when she got her turn with the raft Ashley and Allyson decided to go with her. They walked over to the dock and when Jami jumped in she panicked.... probably because it was deep and BIG. So she came back told me that she "freaked out." When Allyson, Ashley, Rylee, Mindy, Befee, Yanzhen and I all decided to go, Jami thought that she should give it another try because she was obsessed and determined to swim to that island. She did it..... and we have not heard the end of it. She keeps talking about it and is so proud of herself for doing it. All week she kept asking if we could go there again so that she can swim out to that island. It was quite an accomplishment for her. We took Ally with us and we put her floaties on and had her ride over on the raft. She didn't like it much and all the way over she screamed....."daddy, daddy, gramma, gramma, mommy, mommy, Tanny, Tanny, binky, binky." She is a funny girl.


1 comment:

DavidyAshley Bowen said...

yay I am in the family photo! oh and I need a copy of all the photos you took from last week! mayber when we get together you can load them on Davids computer? ok!