Wednesday, July 30, 2008

California Dreamin'

"You can have a good time, of course you can!, We want you to enjoy life.... We want you to be cheerful, to sing and dance to laugh and to be happy." (Gordon B. Hinckley) This dance festival was dedicated to Pres. Hinckley.

I think that I am finally recovered enough to feel like posting a blog about the dance festival. It was, I have to say, exhausting.... but worth it. The memories I have of doing it kept me from complaining about how much time I had to dovote to it. Tyler and Chad complained at first but they soon got past that and just had fun. I am so mad at myself for not taking more pictures of the kids and especially my own. Oh well! So these are a few of the ones I did take and I made Chad put on his costume the day after so that I had at least one of him.


A few of the Cha Cha girls
Chad in his Cha Cha costume.
The Flag formation in the finale.
Ezra, Tyler, Sister Dibb (Pres. Monsons Daughter), Kyle. Sister Dibb talked to the youth in a devotional on Saturday before the perfomance. She had these boys hold up T-shirts and read what was on the shirts as part of an object lesson.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

man...tyler is such a little hottie (I guess not really little though). Chad is looking good in that costume!! wink wink. Wish I could have been there for the festival. I didn't get to do any of this stuff...dance festivals, road shows, trek, etc. I missed out!

aprilaleman said...

It really did turn out great... by the way I do a little blog stalking and have enjoyed your blog! :)