Monday, February 22, 2010

Kitchen Remodel

Our kitchen in 1988 when it was brand spanking new. 

This is our kitchen in 2009..... and it's the same little girl....... 21 years later.  Wow... same ole clock too.

My kitchen is now in my living room.
Starting the Demo.
Uppers all gone.
Working on the electrical.
Lighting.
First new uppers.
More Demo.
Now we have to fix the tile and plumbing.
He's so tired he fell asleep eating a popsicle.
Most of the tile done and more cabinets in.
Wow..... is it too much?  I do love all the cabinets though.  We are still working on the other side (where I am taking the picture from) where the hutch will be.  We found some granite that we both liked but it's a little pricey so we are going back to look again tomorrow and hope to finalize that decision.  We will need to get a new table a chairs as this one is way to big now.  Crown and base molding will be the last thing that will really add to the look of the kitchen.  When we can we are going to replace this window and the slider.
More lighting... I love this because I have always had my shadow over the sink.
This is the granite we are considering.

5 comments:

Megan said...

It's fantastic work by Craig! Love it! Will he come do ours? *wink* (By the way, we just bought some chairs from Ashley that are wooden and oh-so-comfortable...( http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/Showroom/Showroom.aspx?PageId=Showroom&CategoryID=10&ItemNo=D193-35&SetDomTab=1&SeriesNo=D193&CollectionId=&style=&PageNumber=1&IsClicked=1&CatPageNumber=7 ) They're worth $80/chair!

Ashley said...

ha how funny of the pics with me! and of Dad asleep! but looks G-g-reat cant wait to use it!

Holly Moore said...

Amazing! I can't wait to see it this weekend!

Sarah said...

Wow! It looks great!! I love the pictures of Ashley too--time really does fly, doesn't it?

Renda's Reflections said...

Wow, it's coming along great. It will truly be a gorgeous gathering spot for your family. Great work, Craig!