Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Grants Pass, Oregon

We are in Grants Pass, Oregon where some friends (Ron & Myrna Fiske) of my parents live. It is such a prettty, peaceful place. They live right on the Rogue River where they have a sloping lawn from the back of their house that run right down to the river. I hate that I can't move pictures around in this blog once I get them into this window that you post in cuz I would move the panaramic picture to the top ...... anyway it's at the bottom of this post and I took it with my cell phone looking out from thier deck.

This is just a little place that we ate lunch at. You take the boat down to Hellgate (where part of the movie "Rooster Cogburn" with John Wayne was filmed) and you get to see the canyon and then they take you here to this place and feed you lunch. Pretty good food served family style. They bring it all to the table and you pass the food around just like at home. BBQ chicken, potatoes, salad, biscuits and corn bread.

There is an Eagle sitting up there in the tree. You have to zoom in to see it.

Riding down the River.

Right before getting on the boat when we were dry. We came back pretty wet. www.hellgate.com

A panoramic shot of Ron and Myrna's back yard.

No comments: