Sunday, June 17, 2012

Grandma Cora




This is my grandma Cora.  She was my father's mother.  I never got to meet her because she passed away just a few months before I was born.  When I was planning my family I had decided that my girls would not have middle names so that when they got married they could keep their maiden name as their middle name. That is what my parents did and I kind of like being able to keep my Jensen name.  Jami doesn't have a middle name but when Mindy was born she came on Cora's birthday and it just seemed right to give Mindy Cora as her middle name.  So on July 10, 1984 Melinda Cora Moore was born.  Little did I know back then that Mindy would literally follow in her footsteps.  Cora had two sets of twins, my dad being one of them.  I always hoped that I would be able to have twins like my grandma but it never happened.  The whole family has been wondering who would be the one to have twins and now we know..... Mindy just found out that she is pregnant with twin girls. She was pretty shocked because she had already had an ultrasound and was told that there was only one baby.  The doctor was very surprised to find another baby in there and commented that it had never happened to him before.  Poor Mindy has been an emotional wreck with all that she and Ryan have to think about.... five kids.. 6 and under, two car seats, two cribs, two everything.  It is crazy to think about it all.
Cora Emma Phippen Jensen
                                                   Cora with her twins                                                                   My dad Billy and his sister Betty


Here is Mindy at 17 weeks.  




2 comments:

Ashley said...

I just love this story. :)

Sarah said...

That is so neat! Everything happens for a reason:). Obviously, she can handle it but so surprising they didn't see it until now!