Ashley and David's next door neighbor (Ruth) is an older lady who lives alone. She fell and then had to go to Missouri to live with her daughter while she was recovering. Her house has been sitting empty for many months since her fall so we were able to rent her place for the month that we were there. I spent the first week there by myself but then David's parents came on the 22nd and then Craig, Chad and Jami arrived on the 23rd so we had a full house. It was a nice place to stay.... right on the beach and right there next to Ashley. The first week by myself I would get up and fix myself some breakfast and sit and crochet and watch old movies on TCM or the Christmas movies that had started up already. Then when Ashley got up, usually a couple hours after me, she would wander on over with her sad face because she was still overdue. We would sit and visit and then she would go to school and then come back. We spent time playing "Hand and Foot"
Going on walks, cooking was fun because we had a actual kitchen to enjoy.
We were happy that Miya came before Thanksgiving and the arrival of more family members. I started preparing for Thanksgiving dinner the day before. There was going to be 14 of us for dinner so I was glad that we had the house and a kitchen. David got two turkeys, one that I prepared the traditional way and one that the scouts cooked in the ground. We had to have it all wrapped up and ready the night before. I prepared all the traditional food.... turkey, potatoes and gravey, gulliver's corn, green bean casserole, rolls, pistachio fruit salad. All turned out wonderful. And don't forget the lemon meringue, apple and pumpkin pies. It was a little strange having Thanksgiving in Hawaii but so wonderful to be with Ashley and David and his family and of coarse our new little granddaughter Miya.
Derek, Lola, Ann, Bart, Heather and Craig
Neve, Beija, David, Ashley and MiyaI think Chad was hungry.
Jami is actually smiling here. wow!

No comments:
Post a Comment