Monday, July 20, 2009

Sewing with my girls


Ashley is here from Hawaii for a couple of months. She has been looking forward to coming home so that she and I could do some crafts and sewing together. She saw this dress on a friend's blog and wanted to make it so we watched a video on Martha Stewarts website and we whipped some up. Mindy came over and she wanted in on the fun and then mom/grandma didn't want to be left out so she made one too. They are so easy and fast. If you want to make one here is the link to the video http://www.marthastewart.com/article/smocked-sundress?autonomy_kw=little%20girl%20dress&rsc=header_2

2 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fun project. I was thinking I might try to make one in like size 0-3 months for my friend's baby that's going to be born any day here, but I don't know if it would work on a baby that small. They are so cute! I Bet you're having lots of fun with Ashley here.

I miss you guys and can't wait to get home. This trip has been too long.

Moore Family said...

Ashley did one that was pretty tiny. If you watch the video she tells you how to fit the child by measuring around the chest. It's so simple.