Monday, March 2, 2009
Full Time Grandma
Mindy surprised Ryan with a trip to San Francisco for his 30th birthday and I got to have Ally and Tanner for the 2 1/2 days while they were gone. They were really good considering this was their first time away from mom and dad for more than just a few hours. Poor Tanner started in with a fever and goopy eyes on the second day. Ally has a mind of her own and gives her mom and dad a run for their money. She was so good and cooperative the first day and a half but then she started to get really comfortable and started showing her true colors. The attitude started to emerge and I had to start being the mean grandma. If looks could kill......... It always amazes me when you have to be tough with kids how quickly they forgive and forget. Just a moment after we would get through a tough time she was all over me with loves and kisses. Ally is very competitive and when I would spend too much time with Tanner she would be right there trying to get her fair share. Ally loves to take things from Tanner.... if he has anything and she wants it she will just come and take it and nothing I say or do... or bribe her with will get her to give it back. Well in the nursery yesterday Tanner was playing with a ball and he was throwing it and then chasing after it. He was really enjoying this little activity when one of the other kids came and took the ball before Tanner could get to it. Ally saw what happened and she went right over to the little thief and got it from him and gave it back to Tanner. So there is hope Mindy. She is watching out for her little brother. Being a full time grandma was so fun and so tiring. I loved it but when they went home I took a long three hour nap. I think I was unconscious..... literally. Can't wait to see them again.
Here's Ally asleep on the piano bench.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
looks like you had fun! glad you got a good nap! you needed it! and how the heck did Ally fall asleep on a hard piano bench! hah
Ally was nice to Tanner? She stood up for him!! Oh...a glimmer of hope!!!
Post a Comment